Sound colour healing is becoming the latest trend in alternative healing therapies. When working with sound and colour, think of this combination as representing all elements in the universe since they are composed of electromagnetic energy, which vibrates at all the different frequencies known to man. Really, all things are made up of various degrees of vibration, which include the energies found in sound and colour. Although white is colourless, being void of colour doesn’t mean that white does not have frequency and vibrational energy.
- In reality, colour is a bundle of wavelengths and the spectrum as we know it is made up of primary colours: magenta red, yellow, and cyan blue. When we wear one of our favourite colours, we usually feel better. We also may find that depending on our mood we might be attracted to wearing a different colour of clothing.
- Sound is vibrational frequency that is non visible and we all know how the beat and tempo of a song can effect our moods. When we are sad we might listen to an up tempo song to cheer us. When we are having a hard time concentrating, we might play a relaxing melody. Therefore, it makes sense that both colour and sound could have healing properties.
- Colour and sound healing is reflected in another known system called the chakra system as represented in the chakra energy wheels. It is believed that this system represents the electromagnetic energy field of a living organism, which in our case is called the human aura.
- If you were to receive a colour and sound healing, the therapist would most likely work with one of the twelve basic colours most commonly used in this work, along with a complementary sound or tone to achieve a desired result. Some common colours in this system are:
RED is hot, initiating, pushes through, fire, igniting, stimulating, vitality, anger, life-force energy, revolution, change, ambition, grounding, Earth, Gaia, power, war, passion, alert, danger, pioneering, activity and force without consciousness, blood, positive, aggression, liberation, survival, material side of life, primal, awakening, emerging. In relation to the physical body, RED is good for circulation, chronic illness, non-infected wounds, scar tissue, strengthens kidneys, heart, muscles, blood, lungs, bones. RED lives in the Root or Base Chakra.
ORANGE is joy, happiness, warmth, creativity, pleasure, sensuality, sexuality, generosity, moves energy gently, awakening to wisdom within oneself, sociable, aspiring, gregarious. In relation to the physical body, ORANGE is good for depression, cramping anywhere in body, relaxant, sclerosis, heart disease, boosts immune system, circulation, raises blood pressure, artery disturbance (especially in legs), genitals, fear (alternate with blue), endocrine balancer (when used with blue), cleans and purifies hormonal system. ORANGE warms the Sacral Chakra of creativity.
YELLOW is mental activity, learning, intellect, acquired/learned knowledge, little will, individuation, alertness, concentration, focus, cheerful, sun, warmth, cleaning, fear, left brain, empowerment, self-esteem, confidence. In relation to the physical body, YELLOW is good for combating fear (obsessive, habitual), digestion, stomach, gall bladder, liver, immune system, fortifies endocrine and nervous systems, nerve tonifier, motor stimulant, assimilation, lateral disturbances, helps chronic to become acute. YELLOW clearly says “here I am” in the Solar Plexus Chakra.
OLIVE speaks of new beginnings, hope and peace. It is the colour of new spring growth, life coming out of dormancy. Lives in the area of the xyphoid process which is the bridge between the lower and higher Chakras.
GREEN is sedative, cooling, calming, soothing, fluidity, growth, balance, money/prosperity, birth, new beginnings, nature, health, healing, heart, loving, expansion, curiosity, and good for people who do precision work, space, trust, feelings, integrity, harmony, seeking Truth, relationships. In relation to the physical body, GREEN is good for liver, swelling or growth, anti-inflammatory, eye problems, bronchial catarrh, gout, diabetes, cysts, tumours, pituitary stimulant, washes out endow-toxins, promotes healthy bones, painful joints, and allergies. GREEN abides in the Heart Chakra centre.
TURQUOISE is bridging colour, higher heart, making contact with yourself, communication of the heart, creative communication, studying and gathering information, learning, unconditional love, self-respect, respect for all life, taking individual responsibility, silica technology: crystals, computers, media. In relation to the physical body, TURQUOISE is good for immune system, skin (burns and infections), mental relaxation, acidic, tonifier, regulates lung/large intestine systems. TURQUOISE stimulates the Thymus centre, or Higher Heart Chakra. This Chakra has only been recently awakened by cosmic time. TURQUOISE resonates at the Higher Heart Chakra located at the thymus gland.
BLUE is calming, deep inner peace/”peace that surpasses all understanding”, nurturing Mother and protecting/benevolent Father, deep, restful, openness, cooling, relaxing, assists in making deep changes, higher mental activities (3rd eye), insight, wisdom, sky, water, sadness, faithful/true blue, unity, safety, godliness, communication that comes through us, clarity. In relation to the physical body, BLUE is anti-bacterial, anti-infection, anti-cramping, headaches, helps farsightedness, and facilitates restful sleep, pain relieving, nervousness, insomnia, haemorrhage, herpes, warts, lowers blood pressure, fever. BLUE creates the open space for clear communication at the throat and resonates with the Throat Chakra.
INDIGO/ROYAL BLUE is the higher mind that is connected to the all-that-is, the akashic records, and the cosmic library. It is the colour that makes contact with your “inner vision” or intuition, that part of you which sees beyond the five senses. It resonates at the causal Chakra at the back apex of the head. INDIGO/ROYAL BLUE says claim your inner power. INDIGO/ROYAL BLUE resonates at the Ajna or 3rd Eye Chakra.
VIOLET is stimulates emotions, meditation, inspiration, intuition, inner emotional release, opening inner doors, stimulates dreams, wisdom, spirituality, higher mind, power, Thy will, letting go, vision, transformation, alchemy, loyalty, synthesis, integration, mysticism, clairvoyance/clairaudience/clairsentience, service, union, artistry, balance of male and female. In relation to the physical body, VIOLET is good as for menopause, spleen, and sedative, relaxant, builds leucocytes, lymphatic relaxant, soothes solar plexus; neutralize mercury from fillings, anti-viral. VIOLET, a combination of blue and red, connects the spirit and matter of yourself at the Crown Chakra.
WHITE/CLEAR pigment is the lack of any colour, while WHITE/CLEAR light contains all colours. Since all colours are present, white does everything on all levels: physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually (pems). White is about purity, innocence, softness, illumination, release, brilliance, radiance, transcendence, merging with God/Goddess/Universe/Nature/Spirit or whatever one calls their higher power. In relation to the physical body, WHITE/CLEAR is good for everything as the innate intelligence of the body will take whatever colours it needs. WHITE/CLEAR, being all colour, resonates with not only all Chakras, but everywhere in our Being. WHITE/CLEAR lives in all the Chakras, but is often associated with the Crown Chakra.
MAGENTA is bridge to Spirit, connection with Divine Love, caring in the little things, Love from above, beyond passion into compassion, abundance that is always there. Magenta connects us to what it is like to exist out of our physical bodies as pure Spirit. It is the bardo state, when we have left our physical shells and before we incarnate into a new physical lifetime. MAGENTA is that in-between place, the place beyond the veil of physical illusion. MAGENTA resonates above the Crown Chakra at the Transpersonal or Soul Star Chakra.
- All these colours or rays are believed to possess certain qualities that can influence our energetic systems and may address our mental and emotional states in accordance to what the therapist feels is our optimal need. If you have yet to experience colour therapy products and treatments you are in for a real treat. Your sound and colour therapist will ask you about your overall well-being and also if you have any specific ailments you would like to treat. Once your therapist determines your treatment plan, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy your nurturing sound and colour healing session.
No Comments Yet