are among the most widely known angels working with mankind. The archangels are the captains of all the angels in the angelic kingdom. We know them as:
Archangel Michael and Faith, first ray
Archangel Jophiel and Christine, second ray
Archangel Chamuel and Charity, third ray
Archangel Gabriel and Hope, fourth ray
Archangel Raphael and Mother Mary, fifth ray
Archangel Uriel and Aurora, sixth ray
Archangel Zadkiel and Holy Amethyst, seventh ray
- The Blue Ray is the first Ray of light. The energy of this Flame is the first and final synthesis, the source of all the other energies. The basic qualities of the Blue Flame are manifested through the energies of power, strength, faith and protection. Sunday is the day when the irradiation of this Ray is especially dominant. Its most prominent representative is Archangel Michael.
- The yellow Ray is the second Ray of light. This is a Ray of consciousness. The energy of the yellow flame qualifies and teaches, enabling the processes of synthesis, love, wisdom, enlightenment and peace. Monday is the day when this ray is especially dominant. Archangel Jophiel, the Angel of enlightenment is the most prominent representative of the Yellow Ray and yellow Flame.
- From the third Ray of the pink Flame we see the manifestation of the activities, intents, and wisdom of the first two rays: the first Blue Ray and the second Yellow Ray. This is a Ray of Divine love, tolerance, adoration, and gentleness. Tuesday is the day when the Pink Flame is especially active, and when its manifestation reaches the highest intensity. The most prominent representative of the Pink Ray is Archangel Chamuel.
- The fourth Ray of white light (white flame), stands in the middle of the seven rays, and as such it symbolizes a central point, i.e., point of balance and harmony. The white Ray stimulates the creativity, art, and beauty. The white ray exhibits the greatest power of purification, which is being manifested through the ability of ascending all spiritual faculties of the individual. Wednesday is the day when the outpouring of this ray is at its maximum. Archangel Gabriel is the most prominent representative from the Angelic kingdom for the white flame and white Ray.
- The green Ray of light represents concretization, crystallization of substance, knowledge and science. The green Flame is the Flame of balance and Truth. It leads to analysis and development of ideas, especially Divine ideas and impulses that have been conceived in the First Ray of the Blue Flame. This is the Ray of concentration, as a manifestation of the undisturbed sustained attention, which is attained by consecration. In the green Flame we recognize the seat of the physical healing and perfection. Thursday is the day when the fifth green Ray especially strongly manifests its energies. Archangel Raphael, the Angel of healing and consecration is in charge of this Light Ray.
- The sixth golden ruby Ray is a Ray of love, devoted service, spiritual healing and idealism. The basic attribute of the sixth golden-ruby Ray is the quality of peace, reached in the process of understanding and accepting the truth, and only after attaining total consecration and dedication. Friday is the day when this Ray exhibits its stronger outpouring. Archangel Uriel, the Angel of Divine service, is the most prominent representative of the ruby Flame.
- The Violet Flame and the seventh Ray of light are the most tangible and most expressive of all seven light Rays and Flames in the visible world. The violet Ray carries along the Divine qualities of love, mercy, compassion, spiritual transfiguration and transformation, and freedom. Saturday is the day of its strongest expression. Archangel Zadkiel, the Angel of ceremony and invocation of the Divine powers, is the most prominent representative of the violet Flame from the realm of Angelic beings.
Our Personal Rays
Each of us has a set of bodies, of which the Physical is only one. The others include the Mental Body, and the Emotional Body. We also each have a Soul group — the larger entity of which we are a part; a Personality essence — our outward side, or the way we interface with the physical world; and a Monad to which we belong — the group of Souls that are engaged in whatever is our mission on the Earth plane.
A “Ray Reading” is like an astrological chart, only it describes which of the 7 Rays overlight each of the 7 aspects of self listed above. You can find people who do these readings by searching on the Internet.
Here are some of the kinds of results that can occur through the influence of the Rays on the various “bodies” of our being.
For example, let us say that our Emotional Body is overlighted by the Fourth Ray. Since this Fourth Ray IS an emotional energy, we would be doubly affected in our emotions by whatever happens to us. If someone asks us, “What do you seek in this lifetime?” we might answer, “I seek peace of mind!” And our highest criterion of value would probably be “beauty” — that which evokes the emotional response of love, gratitude, peace, harmony, and truth.
What if our personality is in the First Ray? Then even when we have the purest motives, we may appear dominating to others, whose experiences of power in this and past lives are not always of the best.
It’s been said, “Those who can, do, and those who can’t, teach.” But it’s probably more accurate to say that if our Monad is overlighted by the Second Ray, we will almost surely be teaching in some form, whereas if it’s overlighted by the Third Ray, we will be out “in the world” making things happen.
These are just a few examples. According to RLP, Djwahl Khul says that one of our jobs in this lifetime is to balance the Ray energy of our Soul with that of our Personality.
Invocation to the Rays
When we are doing inner work, we can call forth the energy of the Rays, asking the Archangels of each Ray to imbue us with the attributes of the Creator in these specific ways.
And when we are experiencing the negatives of some of the Rays, we can ask the Archangels to send us the energies we need to counterbalance these. For example, if we are experiencing the indecisiveness that comes from Fourth Ray tendencies to look on all sides of any question, we might call upon AA Michael and the First Ray energies to mobilize our Will.
Especially, we may ask that all of the energies affecting us always be balanced by the over-arching energy of the Divine Plan, so all that we think and all that we do may be “in Love and Service.”