How to Communicate with Angels
Everyone has angels with them. From the moment you are born, you have at least two guardian angels with you and they will be by your side until you come to the end of your physical life. Nothing you do, say, feel or think can ever make your angels leave your side.
The angels are God’s messengers and helpers and they see you through eyes of unconditional love. Their guidance is always gentle and loving. When you desire help from your angels, you simply need to ask. Because of the Law of Free Will, the angels can only assist you when you request their help or if your life is ever endangered. They hear and attend to your requests, whether you call for them out loud or reach out with your thoughts and feelings. They know the desires of your soul, of your True Self, and always offer loving guidance to point you in the direction of your dreams.
While angels and archangels have been associated with various religions and cultures throughout time, it is important to note that all discussions on this website and in my classes are meant to be non-denominational. The presence of angels has been recorded in history for thousands of years. My feeling is that the angels are divine beings of light who appear to us in whatever form has meaning for us individually. They may have many names, shapes, sizes, and duties. What is most important is our intention when calling upon them.
It is very simple to begin working with and receiving guidance from your angels. They celebrate every moment that we make a conscious effort to connect with them. Your angels want you to call on them for any situation, large or small, and welcome the opportunity to prove their existence to you – again and again. Just begin to establish a relationship with your angels (or any of your spiritual helpers) and watch the miracles unfold.
Some basic steps for beginning to connect with and receive guidance from your angels:
- Take a few deep breaths and centre yourself.
- Envision yourself filling up with white or golden light and then allowing the light to surround you.
- Say a prayer (to whomever you are comfortable praying) asking to watch over and guide you and to assist in the connection between you and your angels.
- Ask your angels to surround you.
- Notice any feelings or sensations you get, as well as any images, sounds, or thoughts that come to you.
- Ask for assistance or guidance.
- Thank your angels.
- Let go of the outcome. Trust that you will receive the guidance or assistance you need, even though it may come in unexpected ways.
- Begin to notice the signs and messages your angels send to guide you.
Your angels may communicate with you in many ways, including through:
- Signs in nature, such as birds or butterflies
- Number sequences
- Thoughts, ideas, and inspirations
- Other people
You will know you are receiving guidance from the Angelic Realm when the messages are loving, repetitive, and consistent.
Call upon your Angels whenever you are need. Here are some tips that will help you:
1) Ask for help – Angels offer us help 24/7; the more receptive we are, the more help they can give us. If you diminish your receptivity you limit the Angels ability to help you. Create your own invocations, or prayers, that specifically call for the help you need. Realize that when you call upon an Angel, that what really happens is that you open yourself into greater receptivity to their assistance.
Realize yourself as fully worthy of Angelic assistance. Angels work with everyone regardless of personal histories and beliefs. Angels are infinite and omnipresent – your request does not diminish them in anyway nor does it affect their ability to be with and help everyone else at the same time. They exist beyond our experience of time and space. The respond to everyone with complete unconditional love.
2) Connect with your inner divine child – As you call upon the Angels and ask for help. Your inner divine child is whole, innocent and true – and recognizes Angels as true and trustworthy gifts of Creator. This will help create openness, receptivity, excitement, eagerness and wonder as you prepare to receive the gift your Angels have prepared for you.
3) Hand everything over to the Angels – During your time of invocation and prayer. Every issue, problem, worry and fear as well as every good intention and positive outcome you imagine as the result of your request. Release all expectations of how your request will be answered.
4) Express Appreciation and Gratitude – Find and express genuine appreciation and gratitude for things exactly as they are. If you are struggling with this, ask the Angels to help you to find the love that is present in whatever difficulty you are facing. Have patience with this and let go of any expectation of how the love may be revealed to you.
5) Know that it is done – Every prayer is answered and grace is always given. If you fear that your prayer will not be answered, then ask for help in understanding and seeing more clearly. Trust that you will see the love in every answered prayer. You are known completely and loved unconditionally by the Angels and nothing that will serve you is ever withheld from you.
6) Act quickly on the guidance you receive – Accept the opportunity and act upon it immediately. Angelic help is infinite and unlimited – you cannot use it up or run out of it. You cannot ask for ‘too much’ and the Angels are joyously happy to give to you without limit. The faster you act, the faster you receive more assistance!
7) Celebrate yourself – Exactly as you are in the moment. Leave any critical judgments or negative feelings about yourself, your life, or others in the hands of the Angels for healing. Even if it is just for a few moments, let go of everything that is not of love for yourself and everything around you. In this moment of surrender much more can done for you by the Angels than you can accomplish on your own. Thank yourself and the Angles for deepening and the relationship between you.
“Angels are the loving presence of God, they are the messengers of God and carry God’s grace to us in ways that we can directly experience and relate to. Angels bring us very personal and precise assistance that we can immediately receive and act upon. My mission in life is to lead people to these wonderful, loving sources of Angelic assistance.
Pulling in your Angels for support at any given juncture –whether you’re in a traffic jam or a church pew – is a wondrous tool in our stressful society. Calling upon Angels is a practice that spans all major spiritual traditions and has proven itself effective for thousands of years. Today we are living in a time when huge numbers of people across the globe are rediscovering the full power of having the proverbial ‘Angel in their corner.’